Monday, October 1, 2012

Christmas, Down Under

Boat Shelf with Tag

Hello again Christmas crafters!  It's less than 12 weeks to Christmas, isn't it funny... I read that and I suddenly feel rushed!  Honestly I don't know how the American's do it with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas one after the other.

Time for another Christmas Crafting! project, and this time our theme was twine and buttons.  I wanted to do something totally different, and when I discovered that Bugaboo were our sponsers, I jumped at the chance to use their tropical Santa digi.  Christmas here is usually very, very hot and I thought it would be nice to send something back to the in-laws in the States that reflected what it's like here in Australia.



I purchased the boat shelf kit from Make It Crafty.  It comes as two flat pieces of cut chipboard and a set of assembly instructions.  It's super easy to put together and very sturdy, but very light so it wouldn't cost much to post.

The sand drift with the bucket and shovel are a laser cut from Kaiser craft that have been covered with glue and coated with real sand from the beach near my house.  The shells are also collected from my walks along the beach.  I thought it would be nice to literally send back a little piece of South Australia.

Boat Shelf

The twine, muslin and button are all from my stash, I don't know if you can tell from the photo but the button has a shield with two anchors on it.

Tag

The tag is made from corrugated card, and features paper from one of Kaisercraft's new Christmas lines, Twig and Berries.  The airmail envelope and the immigration stamp are also from Kaisercraft, as is the North Pole postage stamp.  Last, but of course not least, is Santa, holding his surfboard.  The jolly old fellow is printed on Kraft and coloured with Prismacolor pencils.

I am also sharing this with the fabulous crafters over at Make It Monday, where it's always anything goes.

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! These are Stunning Morgan. Popping by from MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work and such a great gift idea. Love your santa tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project Morgan, I love the boat and all the detail, so cute, and fabulous tag to go with it.


    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped in from MIM to see your awesome Xmas creation!

    While I'm here, I want to invite you to join us with your cool boat shelf at this week's Tuesday Alchemy challenge where we're welcoming Anything but a Card or Tag crafts!

    Have a nice day!
    Eileen

    http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #10, #11, #86, # 120, # 122, #198, #212, #226, #261 and #268.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! So cool to see Santa hanging out at the beach for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the detail on your little boat & tag Morgan. That's why I chose it as my Pick of the Week at Make It Monday. Thanks so much for sharing your creative talent with us. :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete