Wednesday, March 20, 2013

She Art - Week Two

She was OK with being imperfect 

Practice makes perfect, or so they say, funny then that the point of practicing was to become more comfortable with imperfection!  The difference between this canvas and my first She Art canvas is vast.  I'm a pretty tightly wound individual, neat, orderly, I like structure and routine.  That's why card making appealed so much, it's less chaos more composition.

This canvas was fun.  The first was quite frustrating as I questioned myself constantly, this one I just kind of went with what was going on.  What started out as one sheet of blue paper for the sky ended up being torn and reapplied and I loved the streaky white clouds that formed as a result.

This girl, who is a lot more relaxed and carefree than my last, is still quite proper, you can see that the hem of her skirt is still nice and neat.  Maybe I will quaff a goodly amount of wine before the next one, see if that doesn't loosen the corset a little!

Linking up with:


3 comments:

  1. I think this is a beautiful canvas and I love her dress how you have used the papers to create the pleat look. The sky is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, creative and inspiring composition. Fantastic effect. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!
    GREAT BLOG!

    xxx Susi from
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

    we would be happy to see you once this year on one of our monzhly challenges !

    ReplyDelete