Thursday, September 1, 2011

Christmas Sparkle

Well this is the first post I am writing, not for the benefit of the DT that might be reading my challenge entry, but because I am part of the DT!  Thankyou to Arline from Christmas Crafting, and to everyone who participates in the challenge this month.

Our first challenge theme, and the third for the blog, is Christmas Sparkle.  We were very kindly provided with our choice of two digital stamps from Sassy Studio Designs, and I chose to work with the one called First Snow, she's just so pretty!

First Snow Match Box

My first project is an altered match box, the extra jumbo size measuring 3.5" x 4.5" in size.

The designer paper is Spring Acres by Kaisercraft, which to me looks like snowflakes :o)

First Snow Matchbox

The inside of the drawer is lined with the reverse of the paper, so both projects were completed with just one sheet.  The ticket is a freebie that you can download from here which has been inked with Faded Denim Distress ink and attached with a piece of pale blue organza ribbon.

The glitter on the snowflakes is Rock Candy Distress Stickles, and the shimmer on her scarf and headband is a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen in silver.  She also has sparkly little earmuffs thanks to a touch of Sparkly Fluff.

All that falling snow had me itching to make shaker card, which is my second project to inspire you.




The paper is the same, as I mentioned before I made both projects from the one sheet of paper.  I have used the large scallop die from Spellbinders to make the frame, and inked the edges of the card with Faded Denim Distress Ink.
Both images have been coloured with the following Copcs:

Hair: C1, C3, C5, C7
Blues: B91, B93, B95, B97
Skin: E0000, E000, E02, E11
Lips: E04
Browns: E31, E33, E35, E37
Snow: B000
Highlights in the hair have been added back in with a white prismacolour pencil.

Thankyou for stopping by, I hope my projects have inspired you, be sure to drop by the other DT blogs to see their fabulous projects.  I look forward to visiting everyone and seeing your wonderful, sparkly creations :o)

6 comments:

  1. Hi, WOW two lovely projects! Love the image and love your colours! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous what a beautiful project you did morgan.
    very sweet image.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both such stunning projects! Love the blues and browns combination!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the brown and blue combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour s love the altered match box and the "snow" in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Morgan...love the colours you have used and the altered matchbox is lovely.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete