Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Very Special Gift

Last year when I hurt my thumb I went into a kind of hibernation.  My life was so drastically affected by such a small thing, I can't even begin to imagine how people who suffer major, life altering disabilities cope.  I was only out of action for 10 weeks, and I knew at the end I'd be back to normal, I am so grateful that it was a minor injury and not something permanently debilitating.

During that 10 weeks I missed 3 Christmas Crafting assignments, and a Christmas Card swap.  The ladies on the design team got together and swapped cards, but I wasn't able to participate.  That didn't stop them from including me and they arrived this week from the UK.

I love getting packages, and I opened this one eagerly.  I have never received a hand made card and I was excited to see the work from the talented gals on the design team.


Arline's Card

Arline, our incredible co-ordinator at Christmas Crafting!, made this beautiful white on white card featuring the Snowman by Raymond Briggs.  The sparkle on this card is just beautiful, both on the background and as an accent around the centrepiece and sentiment.  You can visit Arline's blog Arline's Allsorts to see more of her beautiful work.

Arline's Card (Senior)

Arline (Senior) created this wonderful and warm card.  The metallic accents sparkle and the digi of the two little bugs warming by the fire is adorable.  You can visit Arline's blog Arline's Arty Attic to see more of her cute creations.

Meg's Card

Meg made this stunning aqua and white card featuring James the Bear by Lilly Of The Valley.  Lots of layers and textures make this card a visual treat, and the detail is incredible.  You can visit her blog Bit's and Pieces to see more of her work.

Debbie's Card

Debbie created this beautiful card featuring a digi by Mo Manning.  I adore Mo's illustrations and Debbie has coloured this one to perfection, and the entire ensemble is stunning.  You can visit Debbie's blog Fairy Bluebell's Craft Adventure to see more of her work.

This was such a treat for me.  To hold the cards, to feel the weight and textures, to ooooooh and aahhhhhh as my fingertips traced over all the textures and details.  I feel in awe and so inspired by the fabulous cards sent to me, and so blessed to be a part of such a caring and creative team.

On top of all of that I got a fabulous package of crafting goodies from Arline that included a LoTV rubber stamp, a dozen or so charms and several yards of different ribbons.

Thank you ladies, for such a special gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment