Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tilda Christmas Angel



Technique:  Papercraft

Materials:
Tilda with Hanging Heart rubber stamp
Momento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic Markers:
reds: R22, R24, R27, R29
skin: E0000, E000, E00, E02, E11
browns: E31, E33, E35
greens: G03, G05, G07
glitter glue
adhesive
syrofoam cone
glitter
patterned paper
paper doily

Tools:
scissors

I first saw this ornament in the last Christmas issue of Magnolia Ink.  The ornament is very simple to construct.  Once you have stamped and coloured Tilda, cut around the outline and fix her to the top of a cone made from patterned paper.  For mine I have given her an "underskirt" which is a styrofoam cone coated in glitter that has the paper cone slipped over the top.  I felt this would give the ornament more body, making it a little sturdier.

I'm planning on doing several of these in different colour variations and in both copics and distress inks.  I wasn't terribly happy with the red, I usually use R22, R27 and R29, but I felt that was too much of a gap between the R22 and R27.  This time I used an R24 as a bridge and I lost too much of the highlights I think.  I was happy with the hair though!

1 comment: