Sunday, August 7, 2011

August Angels

August Angel


Technique: Crochet

Every week I crochet an angel and send it off to someone around the world that I don't know who is need of hope. This is fantastic way to let people know that no matter what they are dealing with, that they are not alone. Each week I blog about it in the hopes that someone who stumbles across my blog will read in the hopes that word will spread.

As we had an unusual stretch of sunshine for what is supposed to be the coldest month of the year, I was inspired to make all of my August angels out of a white yarn that has flecks of pastel colours running through it, with a copper halo to signify the unusual sunshine.  The red heart is a glass bead, and is part of the Angels for Hope symbol, to let the recipient know that someone loved them enough to send them an angel. 

If you would like to register for Angels for Hope you can do so here. Also, if you know someone who is need of an Angel, you can put in your request there.

No comments:

Post a Comment