Monday, January 5, 2015

Life Book 2015 - Beacon Of Light

Beacon of Light

It is my favourite time of the year!  Life Book 2015 has just begun and I still have eight weeks before semester starts so I get to relax and enjoy creating.  This is my third year joining Tamara Laporte for her year long art journalling course.  It is by far the best value art course available, 52 lessons throughout the year at less than $3.00 a week.

The first lesson from LB2015 is to create a 'beacon of light', an artistic/spiritual guide for the year. I used dictionary paper to create the dress on my girl and my intention for the year is to let go of the need to be perfect.  This is embodied by the heart on the dress which is featured on the cover of the Brene Brown book "The Gifts Of Imperfection".

After creating the pencil sketch the page was primed with clear gesso and then painted using a combination of Neocolor II watercolour crayons, acrylic paints and Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Markers.  A little sprinkle of pixie dust (aka glitter) and she really came to life!

Beacon of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment