Saturday, January 10, 2015

Life Book 2015 - Playing Tag


Quotes by Brene Brown - Tags


Continuing with Week 2 of Life Book 2015 with guest artist Roben-Marie Smith.  The focus of her lesson was to create a quick tag using pre-printed art.  I had four altered playing cards lying around doing nothing so I decided to use those on my tag.



Quotes by Brene Brown - Tags


Each of the quotes is by Brene Brown and are words of comfort and courage to me. Her books on wholehearted living and letting go of perfectionism are guiding beacons.


  Quotes by Brene Brown - Tags

The tags were cut using a Tim Holtz die, and then covered in book paper. I used Red Brick Distress Ink to colour each tag and splattered water to create the texture.


Quotes by Brene Brown - Tags

The altered playing cards and words were attached with gel medium, and then splattered with black acrylic paint.


  Quotes by Brene Brown - Tags 

I chose the tag that had the message I most needed to hear and incorporated that into my Life Book layout.




No comments:

Post a Comment