Friday, February 18, 2011

Catching up with Magic Mushrooms!

Once a week I spend the day playing catch up, adding the finishing touches to any projects not quite yet done, taking photos and browsing the net for inspiration, and as always, looking for free patterns and interesting tutorials. To stick to my commitment to posting daily, I'll share with you something that I thought was a fabulous find.

 I love mushrooms, always have.  Even as a kid I would hire books from the library on mushroom types, with a particular fondness for the fly agaric species.


I think it is because mushrooms feature so frequently in fairy tales, and in art wherever there is a mushroom there is a fae somewhere nearby.

The following mushrooms can be knitted using the free pattern from Kathryn Ivy.




No comments:

Post a Comment