Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mumu

Mumu


Technique: Digital Stamping

Materials:
Mumu digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
water colour paper

Tools:
aqua brush
printer

Isn't she lovely! I adore Mo's characters, so joyful.

I printed Mumu out on water colour paper, using a laser printer. I bought the laser printer with this purpose in mind, inks that don't run!

My colour palette at this stage is quite limited, this is what I used:

Skin: Tattered Rose
Blouse: Spiced Marmalade
Skirt: Faded Jeans
Shoes: Walnut Stain
Hair: For this I used a black water colour pencil

If you do a google search for distress ink water colour you'll find several different sites with techniques, and youtube has several video clips also.

Mumu was my very first attempt at colouring. The most important thing I learned from this was that the light in my dining room is terrible! I can see in the photo several places that I should have blended more.

That said, I am very happy with the results for my first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment